Thursday 27 December 2012

Whole30: Day 27

Holy poopers are my calves STILL ever sore! A billion flights of stairs is no joke. I was so sore yesterday that I soaked my legs in an epsom salts bath. It didn't really do squat for my legs but soaking in an epsom salt bath is a good way to get magnesium not via food (most people are magnesium deficient).


I also took off my chipped and haggard Christmas themed polish and put a chunky glitter on nude nails. I like how it looks but because of the chunkiness of the glitter it's a bitch to put on



This is a "yoga octopus"...see? doesn't it look like a little octopus sitting on my head? I do it up so high other wise it gets in the way when laying is savasana. Sweet yoga octopus, I heart you


Husbie and I ventured out for a bit of shopping. First stop...the thrift store, my most favorite place ever! I never get bored of going here and I can always find something I want/that is cool. I found this cool wooden luggage. I am on a luggage buying ban. I have a thing for vintage luggage and have like 8 pieces. Husbie had angrily threatened me (not really) that I can't buy anymore since we just don't have the space. It smelled like the living history museum when I opened it up...like musty and old and something else


Me think someone might have gotten divorced and this hand made token of love got given away...infinity eh? Maybe if you had given her diamonds and not a wooden bench y'all would still be together....not sayin' just sayin'


I always love to shop for jeans at the thrift store. Tons of brands all in one store and someone has done all the hard work of breaking them in. The downside...you find one pair for every 40 you try on but I needed some jeans so I went in for the hunt and I was not disappointed. I am between a size 5 and a size 3...crappers!! I also noticed that as the waist got smaller the jean length got shorter too. I am 5'8" so not an amazon beast by any standards but tons were rejected because they looked like damn flood pants! Tall-ish chicks can have small waists too ya know!

I tried on about 40-ish pairs and came away with some real winner! Winner #1 MUTHAFUCKING APPLE BOTTOM JEANS! AT THE THRIFT STORE! You KNOW I was singing the song as I was trying them on. I have an Apple Bottoms purse but no jeans...until now! They are mega skin tight but I love them! There are cute little thingies all over them.


Haha "delicious" on the zipper flap

 


The booty of course is the best part. I love the tiny apple on the right pocket and the tiny apple pocket on the left, it's actually a tiny mini pocket...like could hold a dime and that's it.


And it goes all the way into the big pocket...so cute!


Apple Bottom jeans...boots with the furs!


 Blurry booty shot....it's hard to take a picture of your own booty!


I got a pair of Guess jeggings....sooooper soft and stretchy


And a pair of American Eagle "regular" jeans. The ABs are mega skiny tight skinny jeans, the Guess ones are jeggins and the AE ones are just normal jeans, bootcut is the term? I don't know. 3 pairs of jeans were less than $30 and the Apple Bottoms were half of that total. There was also a pair of G-Unit jeans that I was too large for. Thrift store for jeans...I'm telling you!


I found this shirt in the kids section...I just shook my head...no wonder everyone is fat. In case you though this shirt to be truth, french fries are indeed NOT a vegetable.


After the thrift store we hit up the frou frou health food store. We don't shop here lots, just for specialty products I can't really get anywhere else. They had some lovely nut oils but of course lovely nut oils come with a hefty price tag. That avocado oil wouldn't last 2 batches of mayo and I don't do "finishing oils"



COMPLIANT CANNED TOMATOES! This can was more expensive than just buying tomatoes and blanching them but it's good to know they exist.


These were them if you were curious


I scoped out the nut and seed butter. This is a jar of SunButter which is a brand of sunflower seed butter. IT IS NOT COMPLIANT and has creepies!


This is the sunflower seed butter I buy, the brand is Nuts To You and it's a Canadian company. I don't eat a lot of it but it is good to have on hand


Notice the lack of creepies....hmmm one ingredient, what a concept!


Not compliant but AH-MAZ-BALLS! I have half a jar of this squirreled away in my pantry. I bought it for husbie about 2 months ago as a treat (peanuts are a legume, a W30 no-no and peanuts produce an auto-immune response in the body). It's not compliant and does contain sugar but it has only like 5 pronounceable ingredients. This brand also makes a hot chili PB, a maple PB, a cinnamon PB and few others.


Creepy gold glitter Santa on the massive fake tree in the store. I love him and wanted to put him in my pocket!


The store also had 'BOOCH! Or Kombucha as most people know it. It's a fermented tea drink that is pretty much all the rave amongst the paleo set so I had to try it. Plus, y'all know I am trying to get more fermenteds into my diet and I hate 'kraut. This brand and flavour came highly recommended.


This was my pick, I like berry flavoured anything. I poured myself a small glass about 3oz worth. You are supposed to start off small with the 'booch, no chugging a whole bottle or it can go right through your if your gut health isn't good. My gut health is amazing (thank you bone broth!) but these bottles aren't cheap so I plan on using the 'booch like a treat medicine. It's naturally carbonated and fizzy like a pop from the fermenting. This one tasted like a berry flavoured water and a vinegar had a baby that got left in the sun for a week...but in a good way! Husbie hated it. It didn't occur to me that the 'booch contains caffeine until half way through my small glass. OOPS! Granted the amount of caffeine in the 'booch is small, I guess I consumed about 10mg of caffeine (a cup of regular coffee is like 110mg) not a lot but my caffeine-free streak ended on Day 27. Fear not! Caffeine IS ALLOWED I was just choosing to not have it but all the talk of 'booch got me all excited. I didn't feel wired or jittery or have a headache or anything strange but I will be limiting my 'booch consumption to 3oz/day before 1pm so as to avoid any potential keeping me awake it might do. My plan for the new year is to MAKE MY OWN 'BOOCH! It pretty much is the final frontier now that I have made bone broth and dove into organ meat. How to make 'booch? You can buy a SCOBY (symbiotic colony of bacterial yeast) or you can grow one from a bottled 'booch. You feed it regular tea and some sugar (you need sugar, it's what the SCOBY eats and there is very little in the final product, you can do a second ferment if you want) and let it do its thing is a dark cupboard for a week...fermenteds are fun! Watch for those in the new year. I plan on fermenting lemons too...again since I hate 'kraut and cabbage in general.


I also went ahead and bought a small craft batch of organic balsamic vinegar. This brand is froufrou and it was on sale so the timing was perfect!


Only ingredients....organic balsamic vinegar
 

It came with a spritz top so I spritzed some directly into my mouth...it was pretty damn good!


Picked up a few other essentials for the paleo kitchen...Braggs raw apple cider vinegar. Pre-paleo a friend told that if you drink this in water it would help with fat loss. 2 tbsps in 16oz of water. I tried it once, I thought it was awful (it actually kinda tasted like kombucha) then the small bottle I bought sat for almost 2 years, then I became paleo and burned through that tiny bottle in a few weeks. Now I buy the big litre bottle because I use it in lots of stuff; mayo, dressing, bone broth, random recipes. It has "the mother" in it which just means it has these weird floaties....the weird floaties are the good shit. This bottle lasts about a month.


This is my coconut oil. It tastes very coconuty. I made my eggs with it once and almost yacked....so freaking gross! A.C says you can buy coconut oil that doesn't taste like coconut but I have yet to find any but I use tallow a lot for cook so I don't really need to hunt for it. It goes liquid at like 23 degrees so mine is liquid. I pour a 1oz shot every morning and I toss it back before I eat my breakfast. Farmers fed their cows coconut oil to fatten them up and the cows actually lost weight!! Fat for weight loss.... IMAGINE THAT! This jar last about a month also.




No comments:

Post a Comment